Monday, April 2, 2012

Parmesan Chicken with Caesar Roasted Romaine


This dish is SO good!  I found this recipe about a week ago via Flipboard.  It was posted originally by Bon Appetite, so I was pretty sure it was going to be good.  It seemed easy and low in calories, so it was a perfect weeknight recipe.  Honestly though, I did not expect it to be this good!  I do contribute part of its yumminess to the fact that I bought some fantastic chicken breasts from Whole Foods.  They were more expensive than I would normally spend, but I think they were worth it.  It was so moist and juicy and super easy to make.

I was also fascinated by the idea of roasting the romaine.  Roasting it gives it this great depth of flavor - it really intensifies the crisp freshness of the lettuce, while the texture becomes luscious and velvety.  I topped it with olive oil, garlic, salt, and white pepper before it went into the oven and when I took it out, I added parsley and a sprinkle of parmesan.  I decided not to add the anchovies because, although I like the flavor of anchovies, I’m not a fan of the fillets.

The best part, one breast and ½ romaine heart is 360 calories!!  I love it!!  I definitely plan on making this often.




Some notes:

When I took the chicken out of the oven, I left it on the pan, tented in aluminum foil for about 10 mins.
Also, my chicken took about 20-25 mins to cook fully

1 comment:

  1. The idea of roasting lettuce is very intriguing, I'm definitely trying the roasted romaine!

    ReplyDelete