Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Easiest. Pizza. Ever.

Look at this yummy pizza!!


Seriously - took less than 15 minutes from nothing to pizza.  As I mentioned previously, Michael and I have been obsessed recently with Jamie Oliver’s Meals in Minutes.  He does a whole meal (usually an entree, side, salad, and dessert) within 30 minutes.  And these dishes are 1000 times better than that “other” 30 minute meal show.  The other day he made a pizza by whizzing up 1 ½ cups of flour, ½ cup warm water and a little oil in the food processor for 30 seconds, turning it out onto a board, rolling it out, putting it in a pan on the stove, dressing it and then sticking it under the broiler for 5 minutes.  It looked amazing, but I couldn’t believe a pizza crust THAT easy could be good.  So we decided to try it this past weekend.  It is so, so good.  Very tender and perfectly doughy.  I needed to leave it on the stove just a few minutes longer to get the bottom of the crust more crispy, but still I loved it the way it was.

The hardest part about this dish was purchasing the pepperoni.  We went to Whole Foods and it was busy!  I stood in line for probably close to 30 minutes.  However it was well worth it... this pepperoni was fantastic!  I would definitely recommend using the absolute best ingredients.  It’s such a simple pizza that you can’t hide anything - you want need to highlight the wonderful toppings.  The only “cheat” I did was in the sauce.  I love Whole Foods 365 basic marinara, and we had some in the fridge, so I just used that.  We bought fresh mozzarella and parmesan cheese and it was just so good.  We will definitely be making more and more of these.









2 comments:

  1. YUM! Tell me more about the crust, thick or thin? Or can you just roll it out to whatever you want?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's kind of in the middle... if you ate it by itself, it would be like a flatbread. it's about that thick and nice and chewy. you could roll it thinner, but i don't think you want to work the dough that much. i liked the texture a lot, i just wanted the bottom a little crispier so i will leave on the stove a bit longer next time.

      Delete