Sunday, June 3, 2012

Chicken, Artichoke and White Bean Spezzatino


This is a great soup recipe.  I’ve had it in my recipe collection for several years since I saw Giada make it, but I never got around to it until now.  First - it starts with fried pancetta. Right there, you can't go wrong. Then everything is sautéed in the pancetta fat. I mean really... that will make anything good. But I’m excited because I feel like the base soup flavors can be adapted to make lots of different varieties.  Just change the protein, vegetable and bean and you have entirely new soup!  I have several ideas I want to try... pork sausage with corn and red beans or turkey with peas and aduki beans.  And I used purple basil - I had never used that before but it was super tasty. Very intense and the little purple bits in the soup were so pretty. The soup is also super easy to make, which is always helpful.


No comments:

Post a Comment