Wednesday, May 30, 2012

OMG Popovers!!

Before Sunday, Michael and I had never had a popover.  We had seen several chefs make them - Barefoot Contessa, Giada, Cook's Country - and always thought they looked awesome, but you needed a special pan and yadayadayada, we never made them.

A few weeks ago Michael saw Giada make them again and he wanted them so we bought the fancy pan.  And on Sunday I made them using this recipe. And wow!!  Just wow.  They are some of the most amazingly wonderful things ever.  Super crusty exterior with a soft, fluffy, custardy interior. The most perfect dinner roll ever!.  They aren't that hard to make - a little complicated at first, but I think once you get the hang of it, they could be whipped up pretty fast.  They will definitely be going on my Thanksgiving menu, and probably just about every other party I have.  Also, they reheated beautifully.  Just pop them in the oven for about 10 mins at 400° and they're exactly like they just came fresh out of the oven. I have one in the freezer to test if they can be reheated from frozen and still be tasty.

Oh and I tried one with strawberry jam and it was even better! So, so good!





No comments:

Post a Comment