Monday, October 22, 2012

Spinach, Sausage and Orzo Soup

This is hands down one of the best soups I’ve had.  I love it!  I started here but based on comments from that site, and the desire to make it slightly lower in calories, I changed a few things: I added some chicken bouillon to give more intense flavor; added some smoked sausage because I love it; and lessened the amount of orzo.  I honestly was surprised at how good it came out.  I think it was the bouillon and I will be using that from now on in more soups.  My recipe is below.


Spinach, Sausage and Orzo Soup
Yield: 8 servings
Ingredients:
1 quart Chicken Broth
2 Bullion Cubes
1 cup Water
1 bag Fresh Spinach
1 pound Smoked Sausage
1 can Diced Tomatoes
¾ cup Orzo
1 small Onion, sliced
2 cloves Garlic
Garlic Powder, Minced Onions, Oregano, And Pepper

Fry sausage and remove.  Add oil if needed and sauté garlic and onions. Add tomatoes, spinach, chicken broth, bouillon and water and cook until spinach is wilted.  Add sausage back in and add any extra spices and stir to combine.  Add the orzo, cover and cook for about 20 min.






No comments:

Post a Comment